- Participants for the 30 km event must be thirteen and a half years or over but have not reached their eighteenth birthday on the day of the event.
The kit list also comprises a part of these rules.
- Teams must register at all checkpoints in the specified order.
- Teams must have at least THREE members. If a participant has to retire from the event meaning that the team is left with just two members, these two must join up with another team to form a 'scratch team' for safety reasons, who may finish but will not qualify for a trophy. A team that finishes having fewer members that it started with shall not qualify for a trophy or receive an official placing.
- Rescue teams will be operating throughout the event. If a participant is unable to continue when in open country, the entire team should bivouac and advise Central Control by telephoning the emergency number. Any team finding another in distress must assist to erect their shelter and ensure that those in distress are comfortable before continuing to the next checkpoint where they MUST report their findings. Suitable time allowance for any such action will be made at the discretion of the organisers.
A team will be disqualified if:
- Any member is inadequately equipped
- Any member receives outside assistance (other than medical)
- Accompanied by unregistered walker(s)
A competitor will be withdrawn from the event and not allowed to continue if:
- In the opinion of a marshal they are unfit to continue
- They are deemed by the organisers to be making unsatisfactory progress
All decisions of the organisers are final. The organisers reserve the right to adjust the rules and route if they consider it necessary. The organisers cannot be held personally responsible for any mishap or injury, however caused, during the event.