Maps required for teams entering event:
- OS Explorer Map 181 - Chiltern Hills North
All participants must wear walking boots or robust shoes with a gripped sole (no trainers). Participants will not be permitted to walk if they are not wearing walking boots or robust shoes.
All walkers must wear or carry:
- Suitable clothing for weather conditions (no denim clothing) which must include each of the following items:
- Waterproof jacket with hood and waterproof over-trousers
- Jumper or fleece
- Walking boots or robust shoes with a gripped sole (no trainers)
- Hi-vis jacket (with or without sleeves)
- Head torch
- Identification wristband and orange tracker band (issued to each participant when teams check in)
- Day sack containing:
- Water in a suitable container
- Emergency rations
All teams must carry:
- Two OS maps of the area OS Explorer Map 181 - Chiltern Hills North. Maps must either be waterproof or in a map case. The AA produce a 1:25000 scale map of the Chiltern Hills which may be used as an alternative to the Ordnance Survey map shown above. Please bear in mind that the paper quality is not OS standard, and this map does not wear well when wet
- Two compasses (Silva or similar)
- Compact basic First Aid Kit
- At least two mobile phones which must be fully charged at the start of the event and must be switched on throughout the event. The mobile phone numbers must be given to the member of staff at checking in.
- All Walkers must have a head torch (see above). In addition, the team must have at least ONE head torch which has a red coloured light. This is for the back marker to wear when walking along a road during the hours of darkness.
Suggested items you may also need for the day:
- Wash kit to freshen up
- Change of clothes
- Change of footwear. Please note that the walking boots / shoes you use for the event will be taken from you at the Finish Control on returning to the finish and placed in a bin bag with your team number. The bag can be collected when you leave - please do not forget it! This policy allows us to keep the venue clean, reducing our workload prior to departure at the end of the event.